Quality, safety & environment
The purpose of the quality system according to the requirements of the ISO 9001 standard, supplemented by the ISO 14001 standard, is to ensure the efficient and systematic operation of Unil Lubricants. In carrying on its business activities, which consist mainly of the manufacture of lubricants and metalworking fluids, the company has to pay the required attention to the health and safety of its employees and third parties as well as to environmental protection.
This must be done when dealing with all (potential) customers and with regard to the specific working environment. This quality policy is intended to enable us to meet the demands and expectations of our customers and our suppliers, as well as the applicable internal and regulatory guidelines.
In practice, this means that Unil Lubricants takes on the following commitments:
• to pursue the objective of causing no harm to people,
• to protect the environment,
• to use raw materials, tools and energy to use as efficiently as possible and to minimize waste as far as possible,
• to develop and sell products and services that meet this requirement,
• to attach the same importance to health, safety and environmental aspects as to all other business aspects,
• to promote a corporate culture in which these commitments are put into practice by every Unil employee.
Our objectives are primarily geared towards achieving high customer satisfaction and continuous improvement. In order to attain these aims, we rely on the commitment and individual contributions of our employees.
In setting our annual environmental and safety targets, we base ourselves on the results of our risk analysis and the measurements made.
Furthermore, we endeavour to enhance awareness of environmental, health and safety problems and show greater discipline in applying specific rules. In order to achieve this, each employee is assessed on his/her individual achievements and goals in the areas of environment, health and safety.
External companies are also compelled to act in accordance with Unil's health, safety and environment policy.
This quality manual will show you how we intend to put this into practice.
This manual also refers to internal or external quality audits that enable us to monitor the implementation and efficiency of the system adopted.